Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Candy Shoppe Designs Feb. 15th Challenge

The second challenge for the month is up at Candy Shoppe Designs.  Can I tell you how much I love this blog?  Theres no drama, no SQOTD, QOTD, LOOTD, gossip, etc. etc.  Just a challenge to get you away from yappin' and right to scrappin'.  I am so loving challenge blogs right now.

OK, so this challenge you have to incorporate a few things:
-picture(s) of your loved one
-any type of doily - even the paper kind
-flowers *to taste
-hearts*to taste
-lace
-the colors pink & red *even a pinch will do!

So believe it or not, I actually had a hard time finding a pic of Keith and I that was recent.  I went through a lot of photos, and I found this on from Oct. 12, 2007....the night before our wedding.  Look at how HAPPY we are!!  Plus I felt great then cause I had been working out!  Anyways, it really got me thinking about how much our lives have changed over the past 2 1/2 years and got me real emotional.  Looking at this photo made me remember all over again why I married Keith to begin with.

I knew I wanted to use yellow with the pink and red.  I have been on a yellow kick lately.  I took some doilies and scrunched them up to create the border on the bottom.  I used some old heidi grace rub ons and some Queen & Co. felt swirl lace.  That stuff is a P.I.T.A. to adhere to the page and take the backing off of.  I made the flowers by cutting out large circles and cutting them into spirals and then folding and spiraling them into a flower.  I added some clear dew drops to the inside.  The frame around the photo is from E.A.D. Designs.  I won their blog hop a few weeks ago and this one of of the things I ordered!

More LO's to come this week plus my Feb. kit I made with my stash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers

glorygirl said...

Good grief, that's a phenomenal layout! I cannot get over those flowers. BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Unknown said...

I love so many things about this layout, from the flowers to the doilies to the littlest accents!