Monday, November 22, 2010

My FIRST S.E.I. Project!

I am so very excited about my first S.E.I. project!  I am a bit, nervous, too, and this is my first manufacturer's DT, so I want to do them justice!!!

SO in the spirit of the week, I decided to make some name place setting for our table this Thanksgiving.  I used the warm and rich colors of the Moonrise collection.



I used some tags of various shapes and sizes and ran them through an embossing folder that has a "burlap" pattern. I inked the tags and tied some jute twine on the ends. I used a leaf punch to punch an orange, green, and brown leaf, which I folded a bit to make the leaves more 3-D. I took a small square of patterned paper, distressed the edges, and stitched a small border. I then cut my name with a die and glued them on!






I plan to hang each from a gourd or small pumpkin at each persons seat. I think I am going to do something with them after the day is over, too, but I'm not quite sure yet!"


I would love it if you stopped by the S.E.I. blog and left me some love!  :)  Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

Audrey this is just SO exciting!! What a fun idea of hanging them off the little pumpkins and goards!