Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Mini Album and Sketchy Thursdays

Well I have been waiting a couple days to see if my post from Thursday would pop back up when blogger went down, and it didn't.  I had posted about all the wonderfulness of this weeks Sketchy Thursdays reveal!  So instead of typing everything all over again, here is the sketch and here are my pages.  I opted to do two single pages instead of one double page.

All products were in my kit this month from Your Scrapbook Stash and feature Fancy Pants Beach Babe line.



The left side:




The right side:



OK, now a rarity from me:  I made a mini album!!!

I wanted to make this because I had tons of scraps left over from my class at my LSS when we used the Fancy Pants "It's the Little Things" line.  So I wanted to make a mini.  In fact, I had so much left over, that I made 5 kits of this exact mini that will be available in the store for purchase, complete with all materials and instructions!!!




I have been doing a ton of pages of when my mom and dad came to visist, and still lots of photos left over, so I put them all in this album.  I think there are 20 pics in here.

The covers are just chipboard that I covered with misted muslin and then stitches around the edges.  Each cover is layered with a transparency.


Each inside page is just a 6x6 piece of patterned paper decorated with pockets and littke doors and stickers and chipboard and such.  I wanted it to be somewhat interactive.









I really love mini's when they are finished, but I ahte doing them for some reason.  But I really like this one...:)

I have been having so much fun this weekend at the Cocoa Daisy online crop...TONS of challenges and such fun fun things going on.....layouts aren't due until Sun. the 22nd, so go check it out!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely work as always Audrey!!! I was just wondering....Did Karrie open a store or is it more of a class setting? I am missing having a local store to shop at and in dire need of some bazzill cardstock. I worked with Karrie a couple of years ago, so I know she had always wanted to have her own place.

Diana Waite said...

wow, wow, wow! I LOVE those takes on the sketch--FANTASTIC! and your mini album is just GREAT!

sophie said...

I can see why you like this mini book! it is really nice!! so many different textures! love it!