Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Ice Cream Truck!

At my parents cottage on the lake, there is an ice cream truck that goes up and down the road on the weekends.  You can hear "Turkey in the Straw" playing about a mile away!  It gets kind of annoying.  The funny thing is, the driver stops next door at our neighbor, who he is friends with, and will stop and have a beer....then continue down the road.

Most of these papers and the new "Fair Day" papers from SEI, with a few other lines thrown in there, too!




I machine stitched around the journaling and title circles with some teal thread to make them stand out more.

I actually broke out the decorative edge scissors for this white oval outlining the "sweet" sticker.

Sometimes you just need the perfect embellishment, but just don't have it in yoru stash, so why not make it?  I created this ice cream cone by copying the shape of the cone in the patterned paper.  I added some stickles and a button for a cherry!

Which reminds me that I posted a Paper-Piecing challenge this week at Memorable Seasons!  Go to the forum to check it out!


The first of the month is quickly approaching which means lots of reveals coming up!  :)

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

this is just SO fun Audrey!