Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Banner with Clip It Up

I am very excited to share this project with you today using the tab dividers from the Clip It Up
The Clip It Up comes with some nice tab dividers that you can use to separate your stash into certain categories and make it easier to find things.  I decided to use mine for a different purpose!  These tags make a fantastic base for a Halloween Banner.  Here is a quick run through of how I made the banner.
First, did you know that you can emboss these  tabs with embossing plates???  I tried the first one, hoping it would work, and it came out just beautifully!  I used four different embossing plates on my tabs.

Next I use a die to cut out some scalloped circles from orange tulle and layered lots of circle together.

I used a punch to punch a bracket shape from this fantastic Echo Park Halloween line.  I inked the edges of each piece and added a chipboard letter by American Crafts.

The using a hot glue gun, I added the tulle flower to the lower portion of the tab and some orange pom-pom trim to the bottom edge.  Then I pop-dotted the punched bracket shape and letter on top.

To string up my tabs, I layered some orange and black buttons on some velvet ribbon and tied them around the ribbon. 

I was originally going to stitch them to the ribbon, but I found that by tying them, I could slid them around to make them evenly spaced.

I added my tabs to the ribbons and Voila!!  Here is my completed banner!




I hope that you can find some creative ways to use these tab dividers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea!