Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hugs & Kisses...Round 4 of the Layout contest...

If you are here for the Scrappn' Savvy Blog Hop, please CLICK HERE.

Well I have made it on to the next round of the layout contest at Practical Scrappers!  Thank you so much to all who have been voting for me!  For this round we had to create a page with two photos and black and white with a pop of color.  We could use any ratios of those colors that we wanted.

I didn't know where I was going to start with this page, but I had been working with my recent kit from Memorable Seasons which included the Crate Paper "Paper Heart" line.  There happened to be some white-ish and grey papers, and of course red, so I went with that!


Pin It


I have to say that this is one of my favorite favorite layouts recently!!!

I was inspired to cut the X's and O's from some patterned paper from a poster print I saw on Pinterest. The original source can be found HERE.


I saved some of the X's and O's and stitched them together to make the little banner.



I needed to add a bit of black, so I machine stitched some large patches of zig zag stitches.  I wanted them to show through the die cut letters.  I also punched some of the text paper with some awesome Stampin' Up punches.


Kyler does this thing where he leans in and grabs my face with his hands and dives at me opened mouthed...it's his version of hugs and kisses, hence the title....:)


PLEASE head on over to PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS and vote for me!!!!  THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!


On another note, that pile of layouts I shared finally got sorted and put into page protectors.  There were 91 pages!  :)  Now I just gotta buy some albums!!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is just GORGEOUS! off to vote!

Diana Fisher said...

Adorable page! Just too cute! Great layout!

Christa said...

Audrey, that black stitching is stunning! I am enamoured of the all those ittle xo's too! You got my vote!