Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A hodge podge of stuff...

Well I have a few things to share today from some current kits and some past kits that I have been working with.

First up is a page that I did using my Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e line last month at Memorable Seasons.  I just love love the colors in this line.

 Whenever Charlotte gets in trouble, I make my "angry" face and she knows it.  After we talk about why she is in trouble, she asks me "Are you happy now, mommy?"  Well on day we were talking about our "happy" faces and "angry" faces and we started making all kinds of faces!  It was quite entertaining.



I splattered the background with a bit of white paint.  The light pink doilies are actually from a piece of MME paper.  I also added some dark pinking stitching here and there.  The photo strips I just printed at a set size on my printer and cut them out like that.


Next up for Memorable Seasons is my kit from this month featuring Crate Paper Story Teller.  I LOVE this line! For my challenge today on the board, you have to create a round card with a cream colored base with something that "grows".   I cut these leaves with my Cricut using the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.


I really need to build up my birthday card stash.  I have been enjoying making cards lately because they go so much faster for me than layouts do!  :)

And lastly is a page I made with my April kit from Birds of a Feather. It is a very vintage inspired kit, and I don't have any vintage photos available right now, but that didn't stop me!  We just recently visited the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory in Brenham, Texas where they have been making ice cream for over 100 years!  I took lots of photos, of course, and to make them look vintage, I just added a sepia color cast to the photos and played with the setting s bit.  The backdrop of the old ice cream truck worked perfectly to give this an old-time-photo type of feel.





I painted the cardstock with a bit of white Distress Stain (my new favorite stuff to use), and then just layered a bunch of the papers.  I love how the colors of this page really remind me of the colors of ice cream!


8 comments:

Deanna said...

What great pages Audrey! I love how many photos you got on the first one, and the 2nd is so beautifully done! Love them!

Diana Waite said...

Audrey these pages are WONDERFUL! I love the paint, pictures, and choices of paper--FANTASTIC!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Great pages Audrey, as usual. Pinned the first one for future reference!

Cathy said...

beautiful, inspiring projects...wow!

Sherri said...

I especially love the last layout, so fun, all that layering.

danni reid. said...

LOVE these projects, amazing!

Vanessa said...

I need to start following your blog...now that you don't post at Scrapdango I miss your beautiful layouts.

p.s. I gave you an award over on my blog....go check it out
http://happy-ness.blogspot.com

glorygirl said...

Love these pages! Your style is so classic. Thanks for sharing your projects with us!