Tuesday, May 8, 2012

8 months...a few months ago!

Vellum seems to be making a comeback lately and it's a good thing because I have a whole bunch of it from years ago!  I thought it was time to dust some off and try some new things using vellum.  I also used some of the fantastic new collections from GCD Studios!



I love that die cutting machines and using typography and numbers are big trends right now, too.  I decided to incorporate these on my page as well.


Kyler is growing so fast.  I have been doing bi-monthly pages of him and the new tasks he is able to do and milestones he has reached.  And it seems like just as I get one done, it is time for another (this photo was from March!)!  It goes by too fast.  Anyways, I used a large number 8 that I cut with my die-cutting machine as the focus for my page.  I distressed the edges and stitched around it with white thread.  Then I cut out a whole bunch of numbers in different sizes from vellum.   


I stitched some red lines here and there for accents, and had to carefully and strategically glue the vellum in place so you couldn't see the adhesive.



Another technique I used on this page was to hand write my title and then fussy cut it out from the patterned paper.  I simply wrote my words and pencil, cut it out, and then erased the pencil lines afterwords.  To make is stand out a bit more, I went around the edges with a while pen.



Supplies: 

PAPERS: Flower Child -Peacock (1646), Organic Geo (1645), Flower Child Plaid (1639); Oh Happy Day, Meagan (1770); Bonjour, Les Fleurs (1538); Splendor, Letter Tiles (1680); Storybook, Storybook Cards (1744). Other: thread, vellum, punches (EK Success, The Paper Studio)




To see this layout and get SO MUCH inspiration, you MUST check out the latest issue of The Paper Cut magazine!!!!






And are you diggin' the new GCD Studios products???  They are now available at Scrapbook.com !!!!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

what a SWEET boy! GREAT layout as well--CONGRATS on the feature--SO cool!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

What a cool idea! I also have a ton of vellum to use. Great page Audrey!

Diana Fisher said...

He's gotten so big!! Amazing layout!

Karenladd said...

Wow, the vellum looks wonderful on this layout...and that photo is so darn cute!!