Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Fourth...my last for BOAF

Well this is my last project for Birds of a Feather Kit club.  Time FLIES!  (Did ya' get the pun?  Yes...intended...)

Anyways, when I got my kit in early JUNE, I printed these photos from LAST July 4th to do a double page spread.  I had been waiting for the perfect kit and this was it!  PLUS, I want to start working on my double pagers a bit more...i need to start feeling comfortable with them....here is what I came up with.




I love the burlap stars and the sparkly ones, too, and I thought they had a nice contrast with each other.  I also used the red mesh in the kit to cut out star shapes, too, and layered them on my clusters.



I wanted to add a bit more sparkle, too, so I used some shiny silver paint and painted some stars in the background with a mask.  And to make my large blue stars stand out a bit more, I stitched around the inside edges with red thread.





I really like the design of this 2 pager, so I decided that I would share it with you in the form of a sketch!  Hope you can use it!




5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the design of your page, way to get a ton if photos on there! Thanks for sharing the sketch!

Anonymous said...

that is totally gorgeous!!!

Diana Waite said...

wow this is just GREAT! Way to make a beautiful 2 pager!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

You fit so many pictures on this spread - awesome!

Christa said...

Great design Audrey! The Authentique shines and so do you!!!