Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Some challenges for My Scraps & More Crop...golf cart rides and lots o

We are right in the middle of the Back 2 Class crop at My Scraps & More!  There are TWENTY challenges to get your scrappy mojo going, and the response to the crop has been fantastic so far!!

Here are some layouts for 2 of the challenges that I posted.

This first page was based on "Shop" class.  My fondest memory of a "shop" class was in high school, and it was auto shop. No, I wasn't in the class, but I had a class right across the hall from the "garage" where they held the class (it was really just a huge classroom with garage doors to the outside). There was always such a strong smell of grease, loud grinding noises, and all kinds of vehicles in there! 

SO my challenge was to use something on your page with wheels on it and some "grease"- black paint, ink, or mist.


On my page, I used some fun photos of my brothers and my kids on our golf cart that we drive around our camp.  The whole purpose of this golf cart is just to go for rides!  It passes the time and it is fun to have the wind blow in your hair as you speed down the road.  :)  



I used a old kit from Scrapbook Circle (April or May, maybe?) which had papers from Studio Calico Abroad, Echo Park This and That, and Heidi Swapp. I did a bit of machine stitching here and there with a zig zag stitch and doodled a few arrows, too.



My "grease" was some black mist splatters and I inked around some of the edges of the papers, too.


This page is for my "Health" challenge where you have to show your BODY...well, not your REAL body...but you have to use items on your page that start with the letters B, O, D, and Y.  On this page of Kyler, I used Buttons, One photo, Distressing, and Yellow.

Let me tell you...this kid can PACK the food away.  He seriously eats adult sized portions sometimes.  And he is only in the 10th % for weight!  His favorite is Mac n' Cheese.  :)


I used the new Paper Cottage line from Basic Grey.  It has some cute dining elements on it like the plate with the utensils.  I loved these colors, too.  I also incorporated some arrows for this months BG blog challenge.


 I used my herringbone stencil with some white paint and created some arrows by hand cutting them from red paper.

Some fussy cutting of the doilies and layering of stickers, doodles, and stitches.

Be sure to stop by the forum to check out the crop!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I really like the "grease" on the first layout--GREAT pages!

Anonymous said...

Completely gorgeous! That is the best looking grease I have ever seen :)

Unknown said...

Really great pages. I like how you trim out pieces of paper and layer them!