Friday, November 23, 2012

A Little Gift Card holder....

Hey everyone!  I thought I'd share with you a little gift card holder that I made with my December My Scraps & More "Sugarplums" kit.



First of all, you MUST check out the My Scraps store for their black friday sale. FIFTY FIVE percent off your purchase (exclusing gift certificates and kits).

BUT, you can get 20% off your kits by using the code AUDREY20!   Here are the two kits.  Check out the store for more detailed images of the kits.

"Sugarplums"- $24.99



"Classic Christmas" -$29.99



So here is the little gift card holder that I made with the sugarplum kit:

The trunk of the tree holds the gift card.

Here is how I made it:

1) To make the trunk, cut a piece of kraft card stock 7 3/4" x 2.5 inches.  Score at 2" and 5 1/2".  Fold up the 2" side and glue or stitched the edges.





2)  The make the tree, I first started by making a template with a 6" bottom and 6" high.



3) I cut 4 strips of paper 6.5" x 2.5" and then used a scallop punch on the bottom edge of each and layered them together.  I used my tree shape template to cut out the tree.


4) Glue the tree to the top flap of the envelope, and there you have it!  Decorate your tree and trunk, and add your gift card inside! TIP: you may need to use a tiny piece of velcro, or even a glue dot to keep the envelope closed.



I can't wait to hang this on the tree and fill it with a card!!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: