Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dia De Los Muertos...Glitz Designs

I have always been so captivated by the decorative skulls of "The Day of the Dead" (which is in connection with All Saints Day and All Souls Day).  I love how beautiful images and shapes like flowers, leaves, hearts, and stars are in juxtaposition with something gloomy like death and skulls.  But I also love the thought of celebrating those that have died.

I decided to make a few simple decor pieces and try my hand at decorating some skulls!

I hand drew two skulls and then cut them out of some patterned papers (all papers are Glitz Designs). I then cut some different shapes out of patterned papers and decorated my skulls with them.





I think the most important finishing touch is outlining everything with a black pen.  To add a bit more interest, I added some glossy accents to the eyes and teeth.




I put my skulls in some frames and displayed them on a tabletop!  :)


1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

this is SO fantastic!!