Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In the Details-GCD Studios "Indian Summer"

Is it bad that I missing having an infant because I just love infant photos so much???  Especially the black & whites.  This photo is almost 2 years old, and I love the little details of a baby.  All the wrinkles and bumps and soft fuzz...*sigh*


I cut out the pod shapes from patterned paper from the "Indian Summer" collection and arranged them on my page.  Then I machine stitched around them following the layout of the shapes.


I fussy cut a whole bunch of flowers and cut some stems with my die cutting machine.  I folded them and layered them to give them dimension.


Some simple journaling strips that I cut into banner shapes and outlined with a thin black pen.



Thanks for stopping by today!
-Audrey



Audrey Yeager GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

6 comments:

Christa said...

Super cute!! I love those fussy bits and that baby!

Diana Fisher said...

Your layout is amazing! You have such a great eye for cutting out the best parts of the papers. :)

Heather Landry said...

I'd say this layout has amazing details too! What a beautiful photo! I love the fussy cut leaves. They look great.

kate blue said...

I'm in awe of the stitching!! Loving!

Diana Waite said...

this is VERY SWEET--nice job Audrey!

Lisa aka yarnchik said...

ADORABLE! I just LOVE all those little details!!! I know what u mean about babies. We were blessed with four and they all grew up way too fast :(