Monday, July 22, 2013

Oh Happy Day!- Fancy Pants

So I recently got me a good stash of Fancy Pants "Wonderful Day" and "Memories Captured" papers from My Scraps & More.  I finally got to dig into them and love these bright colors in the Wonderful Day collection for some of my fun summer photos. I'm entering this in the Fancy Pants and Gossamer Blue GDT challenge.

We were playing outside a few weeks ago playing "chase" and I tackled Kyler, pinned him between my feet and starting tickling him!  He was laughing so hard.  And I happened to have my camera around my neck!  :)


This page is designed mostly around just embelllishments!  The only patterned paper I have is the background paper, the yellow "mats" behind the photos, and the one colored strip in the bottom right of the page.


I applied a wash of gesso to the background, misted through a small circle stencil with a grey mist (decided I didn't like it them went over with white gesso again!) and then splattered with yellow and blue mists.


I popped off a whole bunch of the die cuts (arrows, titles) and pointed them to the photos to draw your eye there.  A little stitching here and there, too.



I added a few stickers and LOVE the cork stars and hearts!!!!  Oh, and who could forget the flair?  The one in the top left is Fancy Pants and the bottom right is Scrapbook Circle.

My blog is going to be busy this week with projects and an announcement!!!!  Please stop back!

Stay Scrappy My Friends!

4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fabulous page, Miss Audrey! I have a page up on my blog today with this same collection (same background paper too). :) Great minds think alike.

Jenni Calma said...

This is so cute Audrey!!

Diana Waite said...

oh he looks SO grown up--GREAT layout!!

Katrina Hunt said...

GREAT page!!! And an announcement?????? Whoo hooo!!! Cannot wait to hear!! Hugs, Katrina