Thursday, August 15, 2013

Too Rainy Today....GDT for ScrapFriends Yummy Scrap color challenge

I used to hate color combos, but now they are my favorite  type of challenge!  And I was so thrilled to stumble upon Scrap Friends a few months ago where they do a monthly color challenge and have awesome sketch challenges, too!  Plus the DT inspiration there is so incredible...the really artsy/mixed media kind of designs that I love to look at!

I was chosen as a Top 5 two months ago and therefore was asked to be a guest for this combo.



 When I saw the colors, the navy and grey remind me of a dreary day, so I used some rainy day photos.  These were taken at the beginning of the summer, when the kids were so ancy about going outside, but of course, there were a few rainy days when we couldn't go out to play.



As I was creating this page, I was thinking of rain and thunderstorms, so I tried to use things that remind me of that. I used a grey patterned paper for the background and a circle stencil with some gesso.



And the cloud paper from Lily Bee with the navy and grey clouds was perfect!  I used a strip of that with some additional clouds fussy cut out and pop dotted around the page.  I accidentally placed some grey washi on the page and saw that it looked pretty cool going along with the diagonals of the page, so there are some pieces of washi placed around and then I machine stitched over them.


So I needed to find a way to incorporate the orange into my page.  And again, by accident, a scrap of orange paper fell onto my page as I was cutting some other shapes that I was intially going to use.  I loved the way the little triangles looked, so I just cut a few and placed them around.  They remind me of lightning bolts!  :)

The word "today" is a rub on from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection, and I put it on a transparency from Maya Road.  I love that these transparencies look like the window the kids are looking through. I did my journaling underneath it.

Be sure to check out the Scrap Friends blog!

Stay scrappy my friends!

1 comment:

Jenni Calma said...

I love this Audrey! And they are one of my favorite challenge blogs too...über cool sketches!!