Friday, April 18, 2014

Clownin'!

We went to the circus a few weeks ago and I haven't been in YEARS!  The kids had a blast!  I was excited for them to see clowns for the first time.  When we walked in, there were lots of groups of clowns you could get your photo taken with.  Kyler was SO scared, he would NOT go near them.  And it took a lot of coaxing for me to get Charlotte to sit down to take a photo!



I used todays sketch from the My Scraps & More sketch blog, and it also happens to be the daily sketch for our Sketchathon on the message board.



I had a really hard time with this page at first because of all the colors in the photo.  So I decided to do mostly black and white with bits of color here and there.

I started by using some gelattos and water on the background, and then splattering with grey and black ink.


I used some of the thin washi tape from the Amy Tan Plus One collection for the border under the photo, and then embellished with some stickers and brads.


Hope you can play along with the sketch this week!

Stay scrappy my friends!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is just awesome Audrey!! I love the 'sprinkled' embellishments!