Saturday, February 13, 2016

Impromptu Log Cabin quilt....

I've been living behind my sewing machine lately, trying to dig into my stash and work on all the quilt-a-longs I'm participating in!

I ordered these jelly roll strips of Anna Maria Horner Honor Roll on Sale from Southern Fabric for really cheap!  They were sitting on my ironing board, and I just opened them up and started sewing them to some 1.5" strips of low volume from my stash to make a "curved" log cabin block.  I would chain piece as much as possible and then cut the strips after they were sewed.



(cat inspection.....it passed)

They just kept growing and growing, but I like big blocks and I can not lie.....  they are about 17.5" finished.

(2nd inspection)



As I write this, quilt top is FINISHED, backing fabric has arrived, and now just to quilt it...


No comments: